We are excited to share with you that after only three years, St. Clare’s is broke ground on our parish home. Please follow our progress on the Building Updates page, as well as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. With the continued blessing of your prayers and financial support, our anticipated completion date is August, 2018 – hopefully in time for our 4 year anniversary (September 14, 2018)
- The Projects Committee for the Archdiocese of Atlanta with Archbishop Gregory gave approval for our building project and funding on September 14th, 2017.
- Our first building will be 25,800 square feet, include a parish hall/worship area to seat 600, a large narthex, a day chapel, nursery and 13 classrooms and admin area and a future kitchen. See picture below.
- We have purchased from the Archdiocese of Atlanta the front 16 acres of the total 47 acre tract on Cedarcrest Road including the current residence.
- Total project cost, including land purchase is $6.2 million.
- St Clare, from our cash reserves, will contribute $2 million and we will borrow $4.2 million from the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
- We are able to fund this completely from your generosity, without undertaking a capital campaign – our many thanks to all of our faithful contributors.
- If you have not contributed yet, now is a great time to consider giving. Online giving can be found here.