Volunteer requirements: Paper Volunteer Application
Contact the Ministry Leader listed below to volunteer for this ministry
Arranges the books needed for the celebration, marking all of the divisions. He or she lays out the vestments and anything else needed for the celebration, such as cruets, chalices, ciboria, linens, oils, processional crosses, and candles.
The Sacristan Ministry has been active since the very first Mass at St. Clare of Assisi. We started with just a few sacristans, and while we have grown in numbers, there is always room for more. Our responsibilities are to set up for Mass and clean up afterwards.
Right now Mass is held at 2 different places and our job is a bit different at each. There are also differences depending on whether we’re setting up for the 1st, 2nd, or last Mass. And while our duties vary by location and time, we are an integral part of the Mass at each one.
We prepare the altar, the credence table, and the tabernacle; and have a checklist to make sure we cover all the details.
- Once the sanctuary is ready, we put the hosts out in the narthex and prepare the gifts for the offertory.
- We verify that the lectors and extra-ordinary ministers are present, and if not we find a substitute.
- We invite 2 or more people to bring the offertory gifts to the altar.
- Very often parishioners will approach us with questions or need assistance and we help the best we can.
- Once Mass has begun, we remain available to help with any last minute details if needed.
After Mass we either do a reset for the next Mass or pack everything up in the boxes. Anyone with the skill of completing puzzles will be appreciated!!
The thing I like best about this service opportunity is that we get to interact with so many wonderful people.
Mary Theresa Zoellner
Contact Mary Theresa Zoellner – [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Hispanic Contact Margarita Monje – email@example.com 678-481-5668