Habitat for Humanity 2017 Northwest Metro Catholic Coalition house details:
Where: 715 & 721 Chestnut Hill Rd., Marietta, GA
We have permission to park at the very nearby Tumlin Park. This park is located on Chestnut Hill Road about 200 yards beyond Chestnut Hill Drive. Please park your vehicle on the right-hand side of the park (nearest Chestnut Hill Dr). From there, it’s a short walk back up Chestnut Hill Road then turn left and walk up Chestnut Hill Dr to the build site. The park officials ask that we make sure not to leave any debris in when we leave the parking area.
Time: 7:45 AM – 4:00 PM
Your Action is needed:
- All volunteers must sign a Release & Waiver of Liability by creating a Habitat for Humanity profile on the website listed below. By checking the box labeled “I have read, understand, and accept the Liability/Medical Waiver” you are signing the waiver for the current year.
Follow the steps below:
- Go to: http://nwmetroatlantahabitat.org/get-involved/sign-up-to-volunteer/
- Fill out the Volunteer Profile form. Please note that all information collected during profile creation is for our safety leader in the event of an emergency. No information collected will be sold or used for solicitation that does not pertain to volunteer opportunities with Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Metro Atlanta.
- You will then receive a temporary password via the email you used to sign up.
- Use your temporary password to log back in with this link:
5. Once logged in to your account:
a. Enter Reservation code: CCC17
b. Please register for your build event day by clicking on the bubble. This will allow you to select the event date for your scheduled build.
I. Select the choose time slot button
II. Choose date you would like to register for
More helpful information:
- Lunch is provided for all Volunteers. If you have specific dietary needs, please bring your own snacks and lunch items for yourself. Bottled water is provided throughout the day for volunteers.
- Dress in layers to allow for varying temperatures of the day.
- Absolutely NO open toed shoes – no-skid, thick soled shoes are recommended.
- All tools are provided for the Volunteers on site.
- The following items are pre-approved, f the volunteer would like to use their own nail aprons, hammers, utility knives, tape measures and pencils. Label items you bring with your name.
- Bring anything unique to your needs with you (sunscreen, medications, extra snacks, etc.)
- No one under the age of 14 is permitted on the build site. Ages 14 – 17 are allowed ONLY with pre-approval from the parent with a parental release form.
Thank you again for your time and commitment to the Northwest Metro Catholic Coalition Habitat for Humanity 2017 Houses. This will be a rewarding experience for all of us involved!
Catholic Coalition / Citi / Holy Transfiguration Greek Orthodox Church
Revised 2017 Build Calendar
|Sep 30||Ext. Framing||CCC||60|
|Oct 7||Int. Framing||CCC||60|
|Oct 14||Insulation / Siding||CCC & HTGOC||60|
|Oct 21||Ext. Paint||CCC||60|
|Oct 27||Int. Paint prep||Citi||60|
|Oct 28||Int. Paint||CCC||60|
|Nov 4||Int. Paint||CCC||60|
|Dec 2||Dedication||CCC / HTGOC / Citi||50|