Where Faith and Family come together… Click here to Live Stream Mass
While we are not attending Mass in person, please consider
for your weekly offertory.
If you can not use Online Giving, please feel free to mail your offertory envelopes to the Church offices.
If you are a visitor or wish to give a One-Time donation, please click here Online Giving One-Time Gift.
Public Masses Cancelled, Streaming Masses Scheduled
We will stream the following Masses on our Facebook page Click here to Live Stream Mass (you do not need to have a Facebook account to watch, just click “not now” when it prompts you to set up an account and you will be able to watch the video).
- Daily Masses will be streamed at 9:00 am Monday through Friday (English)
- Weekend Masses will be streamed at 4:30 pm Saturday (English),
10:30 am Sunday (English) and 12:00 noon Sunday (Spanish)
To our Family of St. Clare:
Governor Brian Kemp has issued a Shelter-in-Place order effective this Friday, April 3, 2020 at 12:00 noon until Monday April 13, 2020. He has also left open the possibility of extending this order. Due to his order the following are effective immediately:
- Adoration: All Tuesday Adoration is cancelled indefinitely
- Confessions: Drive-thru confessions scheduled for Friday April 3, 2020 and Saturday morning confessions April 4, 2020 by sign-up genius are cancelled.
- Spiritual Confession: For those who have not had the opportunity to go to confession, here is the text from our Holy Father, Pope Francis on how to make a spiritual confession in the absence of a priest:
- “I know that many of you go to confession before Easter… Many will say to me: ‘But Father…I can’t leave the house and I want to make my peace with the Lord. I want Him to embrace me… How can I do that unless I find a priest?’. Do what the catechism says. It’s very clear. If you don’t find a priest to go to confession, speak to God. He’s your Father. Tell Him the truth: ‘Lord. I did this and this and this. Pardon me.’ Ask His forgiveness with all your heart with an act of contrition, and promise Him, ‘afterward I will go to confession.’ You will return to God’s grace immediately. You yourself can draw near, as the catechism teaches us, to God’s forgiveness, without having a priest at hand.”
- Act of Contrition Prayer: Oh My God I am heartily sorry for all my sins because of thy just punishments, but most of all because they offend thee my God who art all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of thy grace to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin.
- Confirmation Mass scheduled for Saturday April 25, 2020 has been cancelled and will be re-scheduled. Our intention is to re-schedule in June or July once we are able to gather again.
- First Communion Masses scheduled for May 16, 2020 have been postponed with tentative new date of June 13, 2020 if restrictions are lifted.
- Stations of the Cross: We will continue to stream Stations of the Cross this Friday evening April 3, 2020 at 7:30 pm English and 8:00 pm Spanish
- Streaming Liturgy Schedules: This weekend we will post streaming times for the Easter Triduum
- Easter Vigil: We are taking a poll to see how many would like to participate streaming for an Easter Vigil Mass Saturday April 11, 2020 at 7:00 pm. The Mass will be abbreviated from the regular Easter Vigil Mass (1 hour). If you are interested and would participate streaming, please email Beth Mulqueen at email@example.com. If we have sufficient interest, we will stream this liturgy. Otherwise we will only stream a Sunday Easter liturgy at 10:30 am and 12:00 noon Spanish.
Thank you for your prayers and support during this time. It is a time for us as Christian faithful to be innovative in spreading the Gospel message. I would also like to thank those who continue to support the parish with your giving. If you would like to support the parish on-line you may give one-time at this link: Online Giving One-Time Donation or you may set up to give regularly here: Online Giving Recurring Offertory.
Yours in Christ,
Safe Haven Sunday Message: This weekend (March 21-22) the Archdiocese of Atlanta has declared Safe Haven Sunday. It is a time for us to talk about the evils of pornography in our society and to offer pastoral support and help to our families to keep this away from our children and to help those who are dealing with this issue personally in their lives. The parish has purchased “Confident” books produced by Covenant Eyes to help aid our families. These are available at a table in the narthex (both English and Spanish).
We will continue to keep you abreast of activities and changes at our parish and throughout the archdiocese. You may see the latest information at the archdiocese website: www.archatl.com.